Safety at Home
- Call 911 for help from police if you are afraid that you or someone else will be hurt. Tell the police where you are and give the address. Tell the police who is being hurt and who is involved.
- Practice how to get out of your home safely. Decide which doors, windows or stairs would be best. If possible, bring identification and money to use a pay phone.
- Which neighbors can you go to for help?
Safety at School
- Ask your school counselor to help you develop a safety plan.
- If you are afraid of being hurt, tell someone You have the right to be safe!
- a teacher
- a school counselor
- a minister, priest, rabbi
- a parent
- a relative
- a nurse or doctor
- a trusted adult
- your local shelter
Keep talking to adults until you find someone who will help.